We protect you like family
As a business owner, it is up to you to protect your business investment. Business Owners Policy coverage is like a homeowner's policy for business, combining some of the basic coverages needed by a business into one package. It includes property insurance for buildings and contents owned by the company, and liability protection to cover your company's legal responsibility for the harm it may cause to others.
A standard business owners policy should include:
- Property insurance - covering buildings, equipment and inventory
- Business interruption insurance - covering losses that cause you to shut operations or reduce production for a time
- Casualty or liability protection - covering harm done by the employees or products to other people or their property
- Crime insurance - covering loss of money or securities resulting from burglaries or robberies or destruction as well as losses from employee theft or embezzlement
- Liability insurance - covering lawsuits arising from accidents (as when someone trips and falls on your business’s property) or when you sell a product that damages the customer’s property or you are accused of offenses such as slander, copyright or invasion of privacy
- Vehicle coverage for rented or borrowed vehicles
We can also create a special policy that includes more comprehensive coverage or offer your business additional policies for lines including professional liability insurance, auto insurance, worker’s compensation or employee benefits.
For assistance with all of your business insurance needs, contact a Tetrault Insurance agent.